February 1, 2011

Conversation ♥s

We recently got a new kitchen table and I now feel the need to have a centerpiece of some sorts on it at all times. It's just so big and empty looking without one. I decided that for the month of February I would place this on the table

It's super simple and some of you might think it's cheesy but I like how easy it was to put together. Also, it was fun to read all the conversation hearts. Oh, and that's our kitchen table. I haven't taken a picture of it yet so this will just have to do. Or go here to see it.

I have forgotten how funny some of the conversation hearts are. Some of my favorites are, "Crazy 4U", "First Kiss", and "Say Yes". Of course there are the random ones like, "High Five", "U Can Do It", or "Go Go Go". I'm not quite sure what the "Go Go Go" one is trying to get across. Anyway, some of them remind my of my childhood and some are very strange, but they're all fun to read. When I came across these

I thought, "when did 'Tweet Me' and 'Friend Me' come into existence?" The "Text Me" one makes complete sense. Texting has been quite the rage for some time now, but "Tweet Me" and "Friend Me"??? Maybe I just haven't bought conversation hearts in a while...

Then I wondered when they got rid of "Page Me". I could have sworn I saw one in the bowl, but when I searched through nearly every heart I couldn't actually find the one I thought I saw. And then I was sad for a moment. Next, I felt old. Do kids these days even know what a pager is?? Probably not. I had a moment of silence for the axed "Page Me" conversation heart and then stumbled upon this one


Now, I'm sure it goes along the same lines as this one

but that's not what I initially thought when I saw it. Maybe it's because I'm immature or maybe it's because I'm a mom and speak primarily in baby talk. You be the judge. But someone should have read it aloud before they O.K.ed it. OR had a mom/child look at it...just sayin'...

No comments:

Post a Comment