November 28, 2012

Halloween Festivites...a little late

Halloween was quite successful this year. I had been having Kara practice saying, "trick-or-treat" all month long so by Halloween night she knew the drill. We went to our ward building for trunk-or-treat before it got dark, which was perfect. I'm honestly not sure why our ward does it every year because everyone goes directly from trunk-or-treat to trick-or-treating at the neighborhood houses, so basically you give the same kids candy twice. But it's perfect for toddlers so I was grateful. After the first row of cars Kara was anxious to eat her candy. We made her wait till we got through all the cars, which made the last two rows take a while. She just didn't care about getting more candy because she already had some! We also spent some time trick-or-treating down Grandma Bodily's block. That was less successful mostly because she no longer cared. Next year she might get the concept that the more houses you visit the more candy you get. So, Halloween was fun for everyone. And, thankfully, she didn't turn into a candy-demanding monster the days following Halloween. I sure do love my little cupcake :)



We also took our first trip to Cornbelly's Corn Maze in October. It was a blast. There were rides, slides, bouncy houses, swings, and even a princess land where they had dresses for little girls to put on. That was my favorite. I think Kara's favorite part was the bouncy houses. We went with some friends from church and ended up being really sad we put off going till the end of the month because we would've liked to go back . Next year, I guess!



Such a reverent little princess :)

Kynlee, Kara, and Nora



No comments:

Post a Comment