September 15, 2011

Fashionista

Kara let me paint her FINGERnails! She was still the entire time and even tried to copy me by blowing on them. She only did it once but I'm sure she'll figure it out quickly because you've gotta know I'll be painting those nails again!
Kara is definitely going to be a girly-girl. She loves nail polish (well, she has starting to notice when she's wearing it and sometimes brings me over a bottle. so I assume that means she likes it...:)...), clothes, lotion (she knows how to rub it into her hands and will ask for it), shoes, brushes (she has figured out that you use brush to brush your hair), and lip gloss. Her daddy is going to be in for it; he'll have two crazy girls spending all his money...teehee.

Besides being a young fashionista, Kara is one smart little girl. Some things she does/knows now are (because it has been a while since I updated everyone on awesome my baby is):

-She knows a number of body parts: head, ears, eyes, nose, teeth (she's always asking me to brush her teeth), toes, bellybutton, and hair.
-She also knows what kitties are. She started pointing them out in Goodnight Moon and is quick to point them out in any book now. I swear she tried to make a mewing sound once. I always make the sound when she points to them and one night I heard her making a new sound. I turned around to see that she was reading Goodnight Moon and pointing to the kitties. She's a genius! haha.
-She loves to climb stairs but knows that I have to be with her when she goes up, so she waits for me.
-She has known how to sign please and more for a while now, but after only showing her a few times she has started signing thank you.
-She says "mom", "all done", and makes a mischievous face and says "mom" when we ask her to say dad. It makes me laugh every time, which only encourages her I'm sure.
-She will give kisses and snuggles on command. This is my favorite thing. She even started snuggling the floor when we call her precious. She must connect being called precious with snuggling because we tend to call her that when she snuggles us.
-She knows that her pacifier is only for sleeping. When she wakes up from a nap she takes it out and hands it to me.
-She has starting making the "aah" noise after she drinks. You know that noise you make when you take a big, long drink? Like it was so refreshing? Well apparently I made that noise once and now she loves doing it. Every time she drinks. It's hilarious.

I'm going to have to start being more careful about what I do. It's just amazing how kids become so smart so fast.

Climbing the stairs.

Munching on a snack.


She loves to snuggle pretty much anything. Look at those big front teeth! And a little snack to go along with it...:)


1 comment:

  1. You need to get family pictures again. Kara looks so much older all of the sudden! (and Garth would be proud of the teeth brushing)

    ReplyDelete