September 14, 2011

Budding Artist

Lately, I have been spending quite a bit of time on Pinterest. Not all of the time I spend on there is wasteful. One day I swear I'll do all those DIY/craft/gift/kid/sewing (when I learn to sew) ideas I have pinned on my boards. If anything, it is nice to see what things I like and what my style is based on what I pin.

Anywho.

A week or so ago I actually DID use Pinterest for something useful: I made homemade paints for Kara using a "recipe" I got on Pinterest. It was a great idea but I decided that next time I'll use a different recipe, one that calls for flour rather than cornstarch. I wasn't a fan of the consistency; it was more like gel than paint. But it was still fun to take Kara out back and let her play. She sort of got the idea and only tried to eat it once or twice (which was totally fine because it's made of water, sugar, and cornstarch).



See? She sort of got the idea.




We resorted to using fingers.

Finished product. With a little help from Mom.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, I love the chubb! I'm surprised she didn't try eating more of it. Anything with the slightest bit of sugar is gone in 2 seconds around here. I wish you lived closer. And I love your pins (still haven't put the 2 minutes into learning that sight). I'll just copy you :)

    ReplyDelete