July 8, 2011

Kara is One!

July 2nd was Kara's birthday! We celebrated with Grandma and Grandpa Bodily, Aunt Jessica, Aunt Danielle, and Uncle Brett. I kept it small because I didn't want Kara to get overwhelmed by a large group. We had a pizza party, where we ate the pizza and Kara nibbled on some crust with pizza sauce (along side her fruit/veggie puree, of course). I even had a fancy cake (that we ate...Kara had her own little cupcake), balloons and a little banner to go around the highchair. She was super cute and happy all day...except for that time I accidentally let go of the elastic while putting on her party hat. That led to tears and sadness.

Whoops

The cake. I am rather proud of the outcome.

Top layer: Funfetti cake with raspberry butter cream frosting and fresh raspberries.

Bottom layer: Chocolate cake w/same filling as top layer. SO good.
Other than that one episode, she was happy as a clam all day. She even woke up happy. This is what I walked into that morning:
Yeah, I ended up dropping the crib to the lowest setting later that day.
She snuggles all dolls and blankets now. It's precious.

Kara had a great time eating her cupcake and opening presents. She liked the cupcake, but didn't seem to care all that much about it. And she couldn't decide which present to play with first (it was a tough decision...she had so many to choose from).

Recovering from the little mishap. Surprisingly, she wasn't at all scared while everyone was singing to her. I thought she would be for sure.

What was more surprising was how long that party hat stayed on. She probably forgot it was there after the searing pain of being snapped in the face with the elastic.

Opening presents took forever. I ended up opening most of them for her.

Surrounded by Grandma and a few of her toys :)

Being cute with Aunt Jessica! (Can I tell you how much I love her sprout of hair? LOTS. I think it's hilarious).

So, Kara's birthday was a success. I want to thank all my family and friends who have been there for us this last year. Thanks for all your love, support, gifts, and babysitting. It has all meant so much to us. And by "us" I mean Trevor and me. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment