Wednesday: If any of you have read Trevor's blog you already know that we went to see The New Shanghai Circus at the De Jong on Wednesday. It was pretty much unbelievable. There was this one girl who could fold her body in half, backwards. And here she is:
Obviously I didn't take that picture; no cameras were allowed in the concert hall. But you get the point. I was also amazed by the guys who could jump higher than they were tall. Example:
Notice that there is no spring-board. They just got a running start and then jumped through the hoop. Wow. To sum it all up, I spent two hours saying things like, "are you kidding me?" and, "oh my gosh!" and by the end was in complete awe. The only down side to the show was that I was unlucky enough to be seated next to a guy who felt the need to be the last one to clap after every number. Am I the only one who finds that annoying?
Thursday: Trevor and I went to the first of a three part money-wise workshop that our Stake is hosting. The point is to educate us young adults about saving and investing. I'm sure that doesn't sound very stimulating to most of you, but it was rather interesting for me. The two guys that spoke, who were totally legit finance guys, were fun to listen to and had good advice. Trevor and I are relatively on top of our finances (we use mint.com, which I suggest to any of you who are afraid of Excel like I am. It helps us track our expenditures and create a budget in a user-friendly way that I can understand), but what I liked most about the workshop was the opportunity it provided Trevor and I to talk about our finances openly. We don't always discuss our finances or share the task equally (Trevor usually tracks our money and I spend it...hehe) and the workshop has encouraged both of us to take part in saving and investing and to discuss it frequently. The visiting teaching message from last month talked about becoming self-reliant and I think this is one way to help me follow that counsel.
Friday: Around 11:00 I went down to Springville to learn how to make empanadas with Sheryl, my mother-in-law. The queen of empanadas lives in Sheryl's ward and we were invited, along with another sister from the ward, to learn the entire process. It was fun for me to spend a few hours chatting with women who are in a different stage of life than me (although it's one I will be entering shortly). Not only did I learn how to make delicious empanadas but I also got a sneak peak of what it's like to be an adult with a family in the real world. I just love how women of all ages can get together and have a good time.
That night Trevor and I went to Teppanyaki with his boss and his boss's wife, Travis and Heidi. I was a little nervous at first because I wanted his boss to like me so that he has more reason to like Trevor. I shouldn't have been worried. They are both very nice and I totally got along with Heidi, so it was fun. Trevor constantly reminds me of how crazy I am, but as much as that might be true I can be pleasant and normal when necessary :) Overall, Friday was a very "adult" feeling day for me; I spent the entire day having conversations with people who are a bit older and wiser than me. It was so nice to feel like the "real" adult that I am, rather than the married BYU student that I am not (married, yes. student, no).
Saturday: I went to out to lunch with Kasia and Jeanette, two of my most favorite people EVER, while Trevor did our taxes (oh, how I do love my husband). We don't see each other that often but at lunch we decided to change that, which makes me happy because I enjoy their company so much.
Don't I have the prettiest friends?
Trevor and I went up to South Jordan that night to have dinner with my Grandma D (just the fact that we call her Gma D shows how cool she is) and Grandpa Cal and then came back down to Provo to watch Bright Star with some friends. Yummy dinner with grandparents + good movie with friends = great night.
On another, and final note, I can feel baby Bodily moving now. The movements are actually pretty strong little kicks, which makes Trevor hopeful that he (because it is a he according to Trevor) will be a soccer player. Sometimes I put my hand on my belly and can feel the little kick. It makes me laugh every time I feel it. It's just so cute! I'm getting more and more excited about having a baby and can't wait till the baby is big enough for Trevor to feel too.
The end.




:)
ReplyDeleteWas that circus thing at the DeJong? Like at BYU? Sounds way cool! And also, I think you are cool.
ReplyDelete