January 17, 2010

BBQ Chips and Popcorn

I have been really into BBQ chips lately. Is it a craving? I don't know. Possibly. I've always liked BBQ chips quite a bit. It's just that they taste extra yummy right now for some reason. Maybe it has something to do with being pregnant...

OK, on to how popcorn ties into all of this. In my rush to leave for work today I had no time to eat lunch so I just grabbed the mostly eaten bag of BBQ chips I bought myself last week. While I was driving I kept munching away and the thought occurred to me that it felt just like eating popcorn in a movie theater, albeit much more hazardous to your health. Movie theater popcorn may clog your arteries but eating potato chips while driving clogs your arteries AND distracts you, which only increases your chances of getting in an accident. Anyway, just like we all can't stop eating popcorn in a movie I couldn't stop eating my chips. It's a strange phenomenon that I think has everything to do with boredom. I didn't have anything better to do. Except for focus on my driving...of course.

The worst part of all this is that Trevor doesn't even like BBQ chips. So, in a matter of only one week I ate the entire bag myself. Yikes.

2 comments:

  1. BBQ chips are admittedly much tastier during the winter season. Glad you guys are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're posting. Nothing is better than random thoughts. Live up the cravings. No other time can you pig out, gain weight and tell yourself it's OK because it's inevitable. Love ya and miss ya. PS-you have to call me THE DAY you find out what you're having!!!

    ReplyDelete