February 24, 2010

It's a....



 Trevor and I found out yesterday that we're having a girl! There was all sorts of drama leading up to the actual ultrasound. When I went in for my doctor's visit they didn't have an ultrasound scheduled, just a regular check-up. Needless to say, I freaked out. I felt bad for the receptionist girl who took the brunt of my frustration. But seriously, people?! The whole point of me going in was for the ultrasound and I had waited 5 weeks for it! Luckily there was an opening at noon so we were still able to take a look at our baby that day. The lady who did our ultrasound said that she doesn't usually have openings that last minute so we were really lucky. I think my entire family would've come after them had we been forced to wait a few days so maybe they're the lucky ones :) 

Our little girl was pretty camera shy. We didn't get a profile shot because she kept her face covered up but she sure was proud to show us she is, indeed, a girl. I am a little disappointed that we didn't get to see her face but it was still fun to see her arms, legs, heart, and even an ear shot. Random, I know. I think the position she was in made it difficult to catch a face shot. And no matter how much the tech tried to get her to move she wouldn't. She's stubborn, just like me. Trevor and I are both excited to have a little girl and I can't wait to start buying girl stuff and making plans for the nursery. Trevor, of course, will have little interest in these things, but I'm way excited!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Angela! That's so exciting! I'm so happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete