July 19, 2013

Tulip Fesitval and Discovery Gateway

Hello. It has been a while. First we moved, then I had a baby, and then I had to find the cords for my camera to download pictures. Now that Kylee has started to take a few good naps throughout the day (and usually I can get one to coincide with Kara's nap) I hope to update this thing over the next week or two. Okay, maybe two or three...I've got a lot of catching up to do!

 Wayyy back in April I took Kara to the Tulip Festival at Thanksgiving Point. We were joined by Grandma Bodily and Auntie Jess. It was Kara's first time going, and mine too! Every year I've been here, going on nearly 10 years now (sheesh!), I have meant to make the drive up but never seemed to find the time. It was very pretty and a good time was had by all. Though I was pretty large-and-in-charge so walking up even the slightest hills while pushing Kara in a stroller tired me out.



Playing in the fountain :)


 
Last winter I bought a 3-month pass to Discovery Gateway with a friend of mine. We split the cost so it was cheaper than paying full price for Kara and me. Okay, it was $4 more but if we went only one more time it would save us a bunch of money. We ended up going 3 times and Kara had a blast each time.
 





No comments:

Post a Comment