I have a lot of catching up to do on this blog. So, let's talk about
Christmas...now that it was over a month ago. We got our second tree
(in the five Christmas's we've spent together) and our first live one.
My family always had live trees when I was a kid and it's a tradition
I'd like to carry on. Though our tree was only about 6 feet tall, it was
very full and pretty. I'd rather have it that way anyway. And I went with the big lights instead of the little ones most people have. Some might think they don't look good, but they remind me of the tree we had growing up so I like them.
Kara had her first visit with Santa. We didn't even attempt it last year because it would've only ended in sadness and tears. She did pretty well this year. She was
super quiet while she talked to him, but she did talk! That's all I hoped for. I think it helped that it was at our ward Christmas party so we didn't have to wait forever in line and we were in a familiar place. We talked quite a bit about Santa and I had her practice what she would say she wanted for Christmas. She alternated between car and doll. Whatever works :)
 |
| A little nervous but still excited |
 |
| She talked so quietly that he probably couldn't understand her at all |
I promise we didn't just talk about Santa all December. I tried to teach her about Jesus and why we celebrate Christmas. She's only two so I was proud of the fact that she knew we celebrate Jesus' birthday at Christmas. And that Mary was His momma.
On Christmas Eve we had dinner at Grandma and Grandpa Bodily's and re-enacted the nativity with what few children we had. Kara was Mary, though she wasn't interested in it at all. But it was still fun:)
 |
| Sorry for the blurry picture, but this was the only one I got before that head piece came off. |
Then we all opened our pajamas and Kara immediately stripped down to change. She's comfortable in her own skin.
Christmas morning was just what I hoped it would be. She knew there would be presents waiting for her and she was very excited to see a play kitchen sitting in the living room. There was no question in her mind that that was her present and she went straight to it. She even smiled and said, "Ooooo!" She had fun opening her other gifts (and trying to open all of ours) but she kept going back to her kitchen. It made me happy to see how much fun she was having.
 |
| Kara had almost as much fun playing in this box as she did playing with her kitchen |
 |
| Love this one :) |
 |
| At least she's attempting a smile in this year's photo. Last year was a blank stare. |
Christmas 2012 was wonderful. It's so much more fun when you have a kid. I definitely cared more about watching my cute little girl enjoy herself than about what gifts I got (though they were pretty awesome). I'm so grateful for family!
No comments:
Post a Comment