December 4, 2010

I Made Some Stuff

I made some decorations for Kara's room that I am rather proud of. It took me 4 1/2 months to do it but they are finally complete. I didn't start any of them until after Kara was born, which may be why it took me so long to finish everything. So much for the nesting instinct before she came.

I started with painting some wood letters to hang above her changing table. Totally cliché but I really like them. The K and the R are actually covered with scrap booking paper but I did come up with the design for the A's.

Ta Da:





Next I framed and painted Kara's feet imprint. Getting a good imprint of both her feet was quite the challenge.



Finally, I wanted to do something to put over her crib but I didn't want it to be too heavy (framed feet imprint) or too pointy (wood letters). So I settled on painting something. I am quite proud of these, probably because they took the most amount of time.

Voilà:








Oh, and I made this too. The pièce de résistance:
 
 
 
 
 


I came in after a nap and she had pulled all her stuffed toys around her and was playing with them. SO cute.

1 comment: