December 14, 2010

I've Had a Birthday, Shout Hooray!

This year I didn't have a birthday cake...I had birthday cupcakes! Lovingly made by me, myself, and I. Don't think that I was upset because I had to make my own cupcakes; the truth is that I wanted to. I have a cupcake cookbook and I am always looking for an excuse to use it. There are so many tasty sounding cupcakes and muffins in there but I settled on making Cookies and Cream cupcakes for my birthday. To quote Rachel Ray: "YUM-O!" With half an Oreo cookie on the bottom and big chunks of crushed cookie mingling among the cake and frosting this cupcake is a winner. In fact, all the cupcakes I have made from this little cookbook have turned out delicious.



Cookies and Cream cupcakes go perfectly with a nice glass of ice cold milk. Yummm.

Overall my birthday was a great day. Kara slept in AND took two half-hour naps (she rarely naps for longer than that) all before 2 o'clock, I got some beautiful roses from Trevor, we went to look for a new kitchen table (yippee!), and dinner at Texas Roadhouse was tasty even if the restaurant was really loud. I swear everyone in there was celebrating a birthday because the servers kept whooping and hawing the entire time we were there. That stupid birthday ye-hawing they do at Texas Roadhouse scared Kara to death. She's not one for loud noises and shouting. Thankfully, if I covered her ears in time the shouting was muffled enough that it didn't scare her. After dinner we went back to our place, I put Kara to bed, and we watched The Muppet Christmas Carol with the family. What a fantastic movie. And what a fantastic day.

The only semi-sad part of my day was when my father-in-law asked how old I was. For a split second I thought I turned 23 but I quickly realized it's more like 26. It was momentarily disappointing. That isn't old though so I got over it the next second. Each year has brought new and wonderful things into my life so I don't mind getting older. In fact, I sort of like it. We'll see if I feel the same as 30 creeps closer.

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday!!!! Those cupcakes look amazing! We received your Christmas card in the mail yesterday....what a cutie!

    ReplyDelete