March 24, 2010

Property Virgins (No More!)

Trevor and I have recently become big fans of HGTV and all of the first-time home buyer (hence, the title of this post) and make-over shows. My favorite show is Color Splash. Our new found interest in HGTV is coming from all the time we've spent the last month looking for a town home to buy. That's right, we're taking the plunge and buying a house. Actually, we took the plunge and bought a house. (Yay!) By May 1st we will be real adults...pregnant with a mortgage. The other day we were at one of those new and popular frozen yogurt places with another couple, surrounded by BYU kids, and one of us jokingly said that being pregnant with a mortgage is way more fun than being a free and single student. I'm sure some would disagree. But as boring as it may sound I'm quite excited to finally grow up and not feel like a student anymore. And being married really is way more fun than being single, even if you don't always go out on Friday nights. Especially if your husband is as fun as mine is. :)

I don't have a picture of our new place, but I do have one of me 24 weeks pregnant. I'm sure you're all more interested in that anyway ;)

Also, I feel way bigger than I look in this picture.


3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! There's a good chance we'll be moving on May 1, as well. Although we'll still be renting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great! I can't wait to see pictures...and I'm so jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaaaa! A house! Congratulations; I can't wait to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete