September 17, 2013

Hawaii

We were able to go to Hawaii with Trevor's family this past August and is was awesome. They have a time share for house on the beach (literally). We were out in the water by 8:30 most mornings. Can it get any better than that?

Our trip included:

Kylee crying
Turtle Bay to see the turtles, of course
Snorkeling
More Kylee crying
The PCC
Shopping
Shave ice (We tried 3 different places and Matsumoto's is definitely the best)
Ingesting lots of tropical fruit and juices
More Kylee crying
Sunbathing
Bobbing in the ocean (one of my favorite things to do)
Long walks on the beach
And a little more of Kylee crying

I may be over exaggerating how much Kylee cried, but not by much. She did wonderfully on the plane; she slept nearly the entire 6 1/2 hour flight (glad we had direct from SLC), but she was in the midst of her colic stage that lasted from week 2 to week 10ish. The last few days she started to calm down. Despite the constant crying Trevor and I were able to go out and do a few things sans kids, thanks to my wonderful family. They're so patient with both of my children and I'm so grateful for how much they love them. Two weeks went by WAY to fast. I look forward to when Trevor and I can go back, just the two of us, even if it is 10 years from now. Hawaii is the best.

Get yourself ready for picture overload. :)

First morning


View from the backyard

Doesn't get better than this

LOVE this photo





I just had to do this. She was naked or in her underwear/swimming suit almost the entire time.
 
The pillows were rarely on the couch thanks to Kara. She was always building castles.

First day at church...in Hawaii!

Hawaii Laie Temple

She got a pretty nasty cold with a fever a few days after arriving

Fell asleep watching Barney. It was so sad.

PCC


Turtles at Turtle Bay


Love the little head popping out of the water

Kylee's bikini! Haha

"Kylee's going to get spit-up on me, Mom!!"

The only way she'd go in the ocean: with a life jacket and a big kid.



Rainy day (we only had 2 of those the whole time!)

First Pedi :)

At Matsumoto's. I see this face regularly

Chatting with Daddy on the phone. He left 4 days before we did.




1 comment:

  1. So fun! That coconut butt picture totally got me laughing out loud. Let's get together soon.

    ReplyDelete