April 15, 2013

Happily Ever After

Kara has hit the "Why??" or "What kind of (fill in blank) is it?" stage. It's great that she's inquisitive, but sometimes I just don't know how to answer her. The other day I was talking about a closet (I don't remember why exactly) and she asked, "What kind of closet?" How do you answer that? It's just a closet. Yeah, there's linen closets and coat closets, but she knows what a closet is for goodness sake! I think she knows it can drive me crazy when she keeps asking "Why?" That's bad, I know. I'm usually fine until the 3rd or 4th "Why?" though.

Anyway, I don't want to dwell on how her constant "WHYYY???" asking gets under my skin sometimes. What I really want to post is all the cute things Kara says. She's getting so stinkin' smart, it scares me sometimes. Here are some of my favorite words/things she has said over the last month or so:

"Lovely"
"Delectable" (thank you for that one, Fancy Nancy)
"Terrible" (in reference to a terrible mess)
"Ooo...I'm just a bit chilly!"
"I want to go for a little walk"
"Peppernonis" (pepperoni)
"Hangaber" (hamburger)
"Libary"
"Oh man! Oh man!" (she says this when she get nervous)
"I'm so dorable"
"Join me, Mom!" or "Won't you come and join me?"
"So, what's up with this mess?"
"I'm so excited!"
"Let's have fun, Mom!"
"Toodles!"
"Daddy needs to clean up his tissues" (pointing to the tissues strewn about on our bedroom floor from a nasty cold Trevor had)
"Puter" (computer)
"Cool beans!"
"Excellent"
"So, how you doing, Mom?"
"Cool shoes, Mom!" and "Good luck with those shoes" (in reference to some new sandals I was wearing)
"So, how was work, Dad?

I am constantly amazed at the things that come out of Kara's mouth. She really does listen to everything I say. SCARY.

Here's a video of her saying "Happily ever after." She was pretending to read a Disney princess book we have and she finished with "Happily ever after," which sounded nothing like it should have. I only figured it out because of the book she was reading. It makes me laugh every time she says it. I'll be sad when she can say it correctly.

No comments:

Post a Comment