September 27, 2012

Firsts

Hello. It has been a while. Rather than write a bunch of long paragraphs that most of you won't actually read I'm going to put up a bunch of pictures with short explanations. Sound good?

Kara has had a bunch of firsts over the last month.


First pair of TOMS
 
She knows how to say TOMS and asks to wear them.



 First time playing in IKEA

She was a holy terror, but she had fun. And she got a free lunch! :)




First BYU football game!

Kara did really well at the game. It was an afternoon game and she hadn't had a nap, but she was so fun and cute the entire time. The big ol' frozen lemonade I bought her might have had something to do with that. She danced and sang and flirted with cousin Jake. It was hilarious. She would turn around and stare at him, and occasionally wave that bashful I-have-a-crush-on-you kind of wave.
 


Cousin Jake :)

This is not sweat. It was pretty hot (you can tell by the red cheeks) so I poured water on her a few times.

Crashed in the car on the way home while we enjoyed pizza and Awful Waffle...mmm...

 Time-Out

This isn't the first time I sent her to time-out. I started sending her to time-out a few weeks before this picture was taken. At first I would have her sit on the stairs for 2 minutes. The first time or two she cried, but after that she wasn't all that upset. When I would tell her she could come out she would jump around the corner and say, "Boo!"

There's a story behind that. Long story short: I hid from Trevor and Kara once and said "Boo!" when they came around the corner. Ever since then she says "Boo!" whenever she comes around a corner. Cute, I know! :)

So, feeling like she needed to realize the seriousness of it all, I started putting her in the corner...facing the corner. Now, I promise I didn't tell her she had to stick her nose on the wall. She did it herself. I thought it was so funny and I also felt a little bad. I mean, look at that picture! Who makes their kid do that?! Haha. I've since gone back to the stairs because the corner was no worse. I'm just glad I got a picture.
 

  
First time eating Ramen

And she loved it! I put an egg in it at Trevor's suggestion and it was delicious. She's doing really well at eating with a fork and spoon too, though she had to use her hand to get the trailing pieces in her mouth. When she finished her bowl she asked for some of mine, which had a little Sriracha in it. She took a bite, paused, and said, "Mmmm!" Now she asks to eat soup all the time.




First time climbing in a drawer

I was making dinner and turned around to see her standing in this drawer. Silly girl. I'm not sure why it took her so long to do this, though. She's always opening it and taking all the cords out.
  
 




First time yelling "Mommy, Mommy!" from her crib


Until recently, when she woke up she would just play in her crib and I would eventually go in and get her. Now she yells for me the second she wakes up. Sometimes she yells loud enough for me to hear her when I'm outside in the backyard. It makes me laugh. Again, I'm not sure why it took her so long to figure this one out :)



Kara is growing up so fast! She's talking more and more and is getting smarter and smarter. I just love her to pieces!


1 comment:

  1. So cute! So many wonderful, funny, and cute things!! Oh I miss football games! We will have to plan to go to one together sometime! I love the corner picture!! That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete