December 19, 2011

The Most Magical Place

Last week we went to Disney World for a family reunion of sorts. Both my sisters and their families were there, as well as my mother and her husband. I have to say that it was probably the most magical week of my life. Each day we went out and rode lots of rides, ate lots of food, and had tons of fun. The kids were really well behaved all 4 days at the parks and seemed to have the time of their lives. Even us adults were able to get out a few times and enjoy ourselves.

Kara was a peach the entire time and it was fun to watch her enjoy running around the park (which she may have enjoyed more than riding the rides) and being with her cousins (once she got used to them). I'm so glad that we were able to do this and that everyone had a good time. No one got terribly sick or had huge tantrums. And Kara was a little angel on all FOUR plane rides to and from Disney. It really was the perfect vacation.

We arrived at Disney World on my birthday so my mom ordered Cheesecake Factory for dinner. This was my birthday cake. It was nearly as large as Kara and very delicious.


All decked out for Christmas, which made everything even more magical :)

Magic Kingdom. Probably my favorite because we could take Kara on a lot of rides there. She liked the teacups the most, I think.

She liked to hold Dad's hand while in the stroller. I thought it was adorable.

Running around like she owns the place :)

Dumbo! We didn't actually go on the ride because the line was always too long.

Bath time with cousin Angela.

We were one exhausted family by Sunday. But it was worth it!

I definitely want to return to Disney World one day when our kids can enjoy it to it's fullest...or just with Trevor because that would be magical too.

1 comment:

  1. That last pict of Trevor and Kara is my favorite. I'm glad you love DW as much as I do. I totally get why adults go w/o kids, though 1/2 the fun is watching your kids faces. I had so much fun with ya'll!!! Ask Trevor if he has any other great ideas for the next one (in 5 yrs :)

    ReplyDelete