BIG NEWS!
Kara walks!
A little over a week ago all she would attempt was two and three consecutive steps toward me. But on Saturday, at Grandma Bodily's house, she walked across the room for the first time (apparently she's extra comfortable/motivated at their house because that's where she first crawled too...exactly 4 months ago)! Daddy was away at the Priesthood session of General Conference so he missed it. She was standing next to Grandma on the couch across the room from me and I asked her to come over and give me hugs. Next thing I know she was walking over to me like she'd done it many times before! Funny thing was that if we showed any excitement she'd stop and plop down on her booty. Of course, all we did for the next day was prop her up on her feet and try to get her to walk. She resisted most of our efforts, but by Monday she was choosing to walk rather than crawl. It makes me smile every time.
I knew she'd wait to walk until she was so capable that she would just take off to the races. Until now, she wouldn't walk unless I was holding one of her hands...even if it was only one finger. Silly goose. She's a cautious one, but I like her that way :)


Is it mean that I laughed when she tripped over her walking toy? I love her! So dang cute (and the outfit too). Can't wait for Christmas, though I don't think Angie will be walking by then.
ReplyDeleteCan't believe she's that big! And I knew EXACTLY where the title came from when I read it... I started singing, "Aisha, Aisha..." crazy how fast that comes back.
ReplyDeleteMel, I totally laughed when she tripped. You can probably hear it on the video if you listen. I always laugh when she trips. I'd feel bad but it usually makes her laugh too. And then she starts to purposely trip. She's funny.
ReplyDeleteClaire, I'm so glad you knew where that was from! Every now and then I think of it and laugh. Also, do you have a blog that you actually write on yet? :)
She is walking like a pro! Such a cutie!
ReplyDelete