October 1, 2010

Favorite Time of Year

I know I blogged about this last year but I can't help myself because Autumn is, hands down, my favorite season. Don't get me wrong, I love summer but there's just something about this time of year.

Pumpkins

They are so pretty. If it wasn't weird to have them up all year I probably would.


Fall colors

Nothing can compare to east coast colors. Sorry, Utah, even the colors in the mountains aren't as pretty.


Halloween

It's one of my favorite holidays. I'm not really sure why. Maybe it's all the candy.


Apple cider doughnuts

People out here don't know these exist. They're so tasty, especially the ones from the pumpkin patch in Schoharie, NY. If someone from NY would kindly send me some I'd sure appreciate it :)


Bundling Up

I don't so much like the cold, but I love wrapping myself up in a blanket. And this year I have these to look forward to. Are they not the cutest things you've ever seen?

It is hard for me to explain the feeling I get when the nights have that crispness to them and I start to see butternut squash being sold in stores. I get the urge to put on a sweater, decorate, and bake an apple pie. My domestic side definitely comes out this time of year and I love it. I love, love, love Fall!

2 comments:

  1. We're going to a farm/pumpkin patch in 2 weeks. I'll mail you some donuts but no promises that they'll taste the same by the time they get to you! I love ya!

    ReplyDelete