August 10, 2010

Motherhood

A few things I've learned the last 6 weeks:

*Motherhood isn't glamorous but it is rewarding.
*When your husband tells you that you smell like the baby he doesn't mean that wonderfully sweet smell...he means you smell like spit-up, poop, or pee. Or possibly all three.
*Being a mom is a true test of character. How you react when your baby squirts poop 4 feet across the room at 2 am tells you a lot about who you are.
*I'm really glad I decided to nurse. There's nothing that melts my heart faster than when Kara is nursing and she smiles and then giggles all while eating. Now that's a happy baby :)
*You've got to be able to laugh at yourself/the situation. Laughing really does help to keep things in perspective. And me from wanting to scream at times.
*I can handle a dirty diaper with no adverse physical reaction, but those big, nasty boogers make me gag. They're just gross.
*Moms don't get nearly enough credit for all the work they do.
*It's humbling to know that I'm responsible for this precious little person and that I'm helping carry forth God's work. But it's comforting to know He's there to help.
*I'd do anything for this girl:




1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh, she is the cutest thing in the world!

    I miss that face, I guess I will just have to come visit.

    ReplyDelete