Kara's birthday was a little over shadowed by the birth of her sister/just moving/Summer vacations. We were at Bear Lake for a family reunion on her birthday. Although she never had a real party the family did a good job of making her feel special. She still talks about how we went to "the cabin" for her birthday. I didn't bring all her gifts because we had limited space, which probably ended up being even more fun for her because she got to open gifts periodically for more than a week. She got a Tangled Barbie doll (Rapunzel), a princess crown and wand (which got broken less than 24 hours later), a circus-looking tent from IKEA, a doctor kit, doctor dress up clothes (she loved going to my prenatal appointments with me and learned all about stethoscopes. Now she always wants to check my heart), and a mini trampoline.
I love my sweet Kara so much. She brings so much joy to my life. Yes, she is handful at times but she honestly does try her best to be good.
Things I love about Kara:
She still LOVES chocolate and books :)
She loves water/the pool but is terrified of putting her head under.
She's polite and very good at saying please and thank you. She'll even ask me properly by saying, "Mommy, may I have" such and such. It's so cute.
She always amazes me with the words she uses, especially because she uses them Correctly. Startled and capable are the two that come to mind right now. She talks like a little adult and I love it.
She's my little shy girl. She has a hard time at the park and is always telling me she can't play on the slides because there are too many kids. Silly goose. She has definitely opened up over the last year, but still has that shy side. She gets that from me.
She is good at imagining now. I love to listen to her play with her toys.
She likes to dance and asks me to turn on my iPod so we can dance in the living room.
She loves her little sister and always says how cute she is. She has recently started asking to hold her.
She knows TONS of songs and sings all the time. I love to listen to her little chipmunk voice.
She eats pretty much everything I give her, even slightly spicy things. She'll eat edamame, broccoli, corn, carrots, fish, Kalamata olives, all fruit (except honeydew...weird?), and more. I'm proud of that :)
And lastly, she has started saying, "Mmmmm" and rubbing her tummy whenever she likes what she's eating. Today at dinner she did it the entire time. We had pulled pork sandwiches and watermelon. It made me feel good.
I just love her tons and tons!
9 years ago


Love all the post updates!! Fun to hear about what is happening in your life!
ReplyDeleteSuch a cute little 3 year old!! Glad we got to visit with you guys!