September 16, 2010

All Growed Up


These are some of my most favorite ladies in the whole wide world. Leda and Shaliese are missing from the picture because they live out east but this post goes out to them too!

I met these wonderful women my freshman year at BYU seven years ago. Seven years! I can't believe it's been that long. I've been friends with some of the most loving, generous, and sincere people for seven years. How lucky am I?! As I think of what has happened over the years I realize a lot has changed since the day I met them in August 2003. Since we met, collectively, we have graduated from BYU, gone on missions, gotten married, started working in the real world, received master's degrees, had lots o' babies (all girls so far!), run half-marathons, lived in other countries, traveled the world, and moved far away from home and each other. But we have stuck together through it all.

These women are strong, motivated, loving, righteous, funny, caring, and beautiful. Who wouldn't want to be friends with them? I mean, they're the type of people who meet you at the airport with a homemade sign the day you fly into SLC to start college. Then they invite you to a movie and crepe making before school even starts. Were it not for them I'm sure I would be a totally different person today. I don't think it was chance that I was the 6th roommate.

Lets take a trip down memory lane:
Sleepovers at Kasia's. Memorizing names of her friends I don't know :). Roommate dinner. Life-size Brittany Spears. Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving plus a whole bunch of other people. Birthday celebrations. 222. Pride and Prejudice watch-a-thons. Brick Oven outings. First Friday. Late, late nights chatting. Silly crushes. Heartbreaks. Roommate Christmas. Halloween parties. 60's night. Chinese fisherman. Hitler. Dolomite. 


These women have shaped my life into something beautiful

Claire, Kasia, Leda, Shaliese, and Jeanette...you mean the world to me

and I love you!

3 comments:

  1. Love you too, Ang! We were the ones that got lucky to have you as the "6th roommate"! I couldn't agree more with this post. "Chinese Fishermen, Hitler, Dolomite.." hahaha...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you. I don't think it was chance that you were the 6th roommate, either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, you don't need to go and make me cry...holy crap! (That Holy Crap was said in a strong bad voice, just so you know....) We were/are so lucky to have you! Oh, and by the way, when I first saw the picture of you guys at lunch with your babes, i could not for the life of me figure out to whom the third baby belonged. Haha! I guess you being a mother will take some getting used to! Love you so much!

    ReplyDelete