June 22, 2010

Last Stretch

37 weeks. Wowsers.

So, the doctor measured me at 3 cm dilated and 80% effaced at my appointment before last. This news really got my hopes up but I've been this way for...8 days now. Everyday I wake up wondering if today will be the day only to have my hopes smothered by the end of the day. I guess I should consider it a blessing though; I've been working for the last 7 days in Murray and didn't really want to go into labor at work. But let me tell you this: over the next 7 days I will do everything I can to get this baby here as soon as possible (besides caster oil. That just frightens me. Sorry, Mel, I don't think I'm that desperate yet).

1. Because I really don't want to go back to work in a week.
And
2. Because this last week the doctor estimated her weight to be in the upper 7 to 8 lb. range.

SERIOUSLY? He better be wrong or she needs to come out right now. If that's what she currently weighs (and from the way he said it it sounded like that's what he meant) I can only imagine that she'd be a 9 lb. baby if I actually do go to my due date (July 13). As much as I enjoy being pregnant I say No Thank You to that.

I know I don't have that much control over this so I'm trying not to be too anxious about it. But I still am. Plus, I'd like to be able to do stuff that requires bending over without grunting like a caveman. Things like tying my shoes, putting on pants and shorts, shaving, or just picking up the items that seem to magically fall on the floor in my presence. Also, as great as the last month or so has been for my posture I'd kinda like to be able to slouch again. I didn't do it all that much before, but when sitting up straight is your only option it starts to get old. All I want to do is be able to curve my back!

OK. I'm done complaining. Being pregnant has been relatively easy for me so I really shouldn't complain. Even though there are some definite discomforts that come with carrying a baby feeling your child move around inside you, especially when they get bigger, is quite amazing. I really can't wait to go through the whole birth experience and be able to meet my baby. She's going to be absolutely perfect.

3 comments:

  1. Are you sure about the castor oil? That's what got Jackson out! I took it in the afternoon (made sure I was able to be home and around a bathroom all day) and we went to the hospital at 3 am. SO if you change your mind...it works!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lookin' good! Castor oil scared me, too. I walked Mim out. For the last 2 weeks I was walking at least 2 miles a day. I'm so excited to see you tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried castor oil. It was so disguting that it almost made me throw up, and it didn't work at all! Good luck. Those last few weeks are hard!

    ReplyDelete